Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Looking for Something Spooky?

With Halloween just around the corner, I'm sure there are many of you out there looking for something just a little bit spooky to read. From the slightly scary to the all out creepy, the Children's Library has something for everyone. I won't lie, I am not a fan of scary books, so I'm going to rely on all of you to help come up with some truly spooky suggestions. Please post your recommendations in the comments!



For those of you out there like me who aren't so keen on being scared out of your skin, I have a great book recommendation for you: Dear Dracula by Joshua Williamson and Vincente Navarrete. What happens when Sam, a huge fan of Dracula, decides to write Dracula a letter? Dracula shows up on his doorstep ready to turn Sam into a real live vampire, of course. This silly, funny, graphic novel (that means it reads like a comic book) is chock full of great artwork and is the perfect book to help you get in the mood for Halloween!

-Kari

No comments: